Project Title: FSW-TECH – Harmonized Friction Stir Welding Technology Training across Europe
Total Cost: 39705,00€
FSW-TECH project supports the creation of three new professional profiles in Friction Stir Welding (FSW):
· European Friction Stir Welding Operator
· European Friction Stir Welding Specialist
· European Friction Stir Welding Engineer
The objective is to overcome the skills mismatch of the employers of companies involved in FSW manufacturing processes by developing a harmonized training course of personnel involved in these activities, focusing not only in large enterprises but also in SMEs in different European countries.
During the implementation of the project the partnership will develop guidelines, training manuals and methodologies, in order to boost high quality and efficient work-based learning in VET. The project main objectives are:
· Deliver a European qualification that will improve the quality of VET system by incorporating common European tools (Learning Outcomes, EQF, ECVET), thus targeting the mutual trust between VET systems;
· Create and implement a new qualification programme for FSW, regarding to contents, methods and in terms of transparency and recognition between European countries;
· Reach a harmonised standard of qualification in FSW sector, aligned with the industry requirements, to promote mobility of specialists in Europe;
· Create and improve a qualification programme and enhance integration of offers in countries with lower engagement or access to these offers;
· Promote language learning and linguistic diversity by providing both multinational glossary and pilot training;
· Increase transparency of competences and qualifications for the Manufacturing sector.
· Involve different stakeholders (companies, European associations, VET organisations) in the training process in order to make VET more responsive to new challenges in the sector;
· Foster new learning opportunities, in an easily accessible and career oriented VET profile.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project Partners: VYSKUMNY USTAV ZVARACSKY - PRIEMYSELNY INSTITUT SR (VUZ PI SR), Institut za varilstvo d.o.o., ISQ, ASOCIATIA DE SUDURA DIN ROMANIA (ASR), EUROPEAN FEDERATION FOR WELDING JOINING AND CUTTING (EWF)